Skip to main content

The Journey Begins!

Everyone has a reason why they blog and here is mine.

My goals in life are:
  • Get married and have another baby 
  • Gain a degree in Events Management
  • Have my own Events business
  • Buy a house
  • Be financially comfortable
I have planned and executed a few event's successfully but I want to have my own company. But doing this comes from experience. To gain experience I need to work as a manager. This includes having a degree. So I found a distant learning course that allows me to gain my Diploma in Business. Once I gain my Diploma, I can apply for university and get my degree. Woohoo!🎉🎉

So I had my plan. Then I found out I was pregnant. Oh the excitement was unreal! I have always wanted to be a mum and it was finally happening! But then I panicked😕 How do I study with a baby? I went online to see if there were any student mum bloggers out there. I read a few but thought no point worrying until princess got here.

5 months later my wonderful partner OJ proposed to me in a beautiful courtyard in Benidorm, Spain. It was so perfect😍❤️ Now I had a wedding to plan and a degree to achieve. And princess was due in just over 3 months. But, as always, OJ calmed me down and said he would support me.

March came and princess was born (6 long days after her due date😪😥) I was given 2 months off from studying and thought that would be enough.

HOW WRONG WAS I?!

Now, don't get me wrong, May-May is a good baby. But breastfeeding  is so demanding! Plus she's a greedy baby. So between feeding, changing nappies, trying to keep May-May entertained, cooking, cleaning and remembering to eat,I was expected to study!

Ok so clearly I needed an escape. I love to write but a diary wasn't satisfying. Why not write a blog. But would anyone read it? Would I be good enough? Well best to just give it a shot. I noticed the more content the better. So to mix it up, I will blog about being a mum, student, bride to be and any travelling we do.

I hope you all enjoy my journey! I will be adding pictures sporadically but why not follow me on Instagram @themummybouchronicles to see my journey in pictures and connect. And if you have any mummy tips, please do share with me! 

Thanks for reading😃

-X- Michaela -X-

Comments

  1. I love this....such an interesting blog! I look forward to following you on your journey...Take it one step at a time, you'll get there. I wish you the very best of luck.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post: Pregnancy Journey by Life Coach Sam

This weeks pregnancy journey is by Samantha Abraham . Her journey had me laughing and i'm sure you will do the same! I gave birth to my beautiful baby number 5 at the beginning of January this year. I have 2 boys aged 21 and 8 years as well as 2 girls aged 7&5. Baby No.5 came as a huge but pleasant surprise after having decided not to have any more and quitting my job to create a start-up. Having passed the stages of denial I finally take a pregnancy test... Reality sets in and my husband and I are now passed staring at each other in silence which goes on to last a couple of months.   This eventually moves into us having conversations about our worries and what we need to do to plan for this.... unplanned, untimely pleasant little gift with the power of scaring us half to death!!! ... At some point among the madness, we do the maths and work out as tradition would have it....our little gift really was a gift!!!...as in that we worked out th...

Studies Come To A Halt

So I have decided to give up my plan to go to university. Before you all scream not to quit, let me explain. Quick re-cap. I had planned to go to university next year to study Events Management, gain experience and open my own business. I started an Access course in November last year and was doing so well. Yes it was difficult but I wasn't expecting it to be plain sailing. I took 3 months study break when I had May-May and then started back. And the stress began. My mind went blank with every assignment, I struggled to understand information and I would stress myself out so much. This continued for 2 months and I thought how on earth will I carry on? I sat down with OJ and he said to me “Mics, why are you still going to university?” I told him I needed to go to open my business and gain more experience. “No you don't. Your business is up and running, you are gaining experience by booking small events. You're only doing this access course to get you into uni, ...